Matthew Southgate, unboxing video of a Holy Stone Drone and installing the blades ready for its first flight.
Did you know last year Christmas was ruined for thousand of gamers? And why would that be? The self-proclaimed Lizard Squad. A group of hackers. Brought down the networks of both Xbox Live and Sony Playstation – ruining gameplay for 160 million gamers around the world.
Cyber security experts are expecting similar attacks to hit a number of retailers and companies across the globe this year. At 39 Degress Support Essex, we have put together this handy Security guide to prepare you and your business in the event of any hackings this Christmas:
● Delete suspicious emails or texts – Unfortunately, most hackings begin with a simple email or even text message. Which contain a link or a document containing malware. If you were to open this document or click on the link, you will allow these extremely dangerous viruses access to your computer. As an IT security expert, we ask that if you don’t trust any of these messages, you delete them instead.
● Change all your passwords – It’s the same old story that you’re bound to have heard before, but we’re going to tell you again! To keep your online accounts secure. Your passwords need to be complex and changed regularly. You must also keep all of your passwords secret from everyone. Particularly, if you have very sensitive data.
● Go incognito – One of everyone’s biggest fears is using location-based websites and applications and then being tracked! However, most phones and computers will allow you to browse the internet from an incognito mode. While it is not guaranteed to keep you completely safe. It can be another defense for your cybersecurity efforts.
● Make sure all your data is secure when online shopping – For those who don’t fancy trekking out into the snow for a shopping trip, online shopping is a lot more ideal. With lots of details being shared over the internet. It’s important to have an effective and thorough encryption system like the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES). At 39 Degress Solutions Essex. We use a military-grade advanced encryption to ensure all your data is kept secure.
How We Can Help
If you’re in any doubt about your cybersecurity – try asking the experts. The team at Ghost are always here to help with your business IT Security support. If you would like to find out more. Why not get in touch with us on 01708 390370 or email email@example.com
November 30th is Computer Security Day – an important day for those at 39 Degress Support in Essex who want to share the importance of keeping your computers secure.
Unfortunately, these days computers, smartphones and tablets make up an important component of our everyday lives. Not only have they become vital to our everyday living, but they have made communication easier and more efficient. However, these technological advancements have brought about a number of concerns about their security and our privacy.
Started in 1988, Computer Security Day aims to raise awareness of the security risks and our general computer security. So what exactly can you do to protect your computers?
1. Switch Off
Ask yourself, “do I need to be connected to the internet at all times?” For most of you, the answer will be a resounding “yes!” but leaving your internet switched on could be an easy way to tempt hackers. Unfortunately, hackers exploit the “always on” connection option so switching off your router from time to time can put them off.
2. Protect Your Router
As an entry point for hackers, you need to make sure your router is protected by a firewall. A firewall is a piece of software or hardware that only allows “good” data and connections through it.
3. Install Anti-Virus Software
Don’t think about leaving your computer out! As well as a firewall for your router and computer, your computer will need some anti-virus software to prevent dodgy files from attacking and stealing your information. Once you have your antivirus system, be sure to keep it updated regularly to scan for viruses on your computer!
4. Update Your Computer
I know what you’re thinking… “but updating my computer takes too much time!” Well, it may be annoying but you must check your computer for updates to keep up to date with changes to your operating system. Without updating your computer, it may be compromised should you not install the proper updates.
5. Keep Passwords Safe, Random and Hard to Guess
When you sign up for a website, how often do you use the same old password you have been using since you were 15? Well, it’s probably time to start changing it! Unfortunately, you can never been certain how the websites store their data and so if they were to be hacked, your password could be out there. By constantly changing your passwords and using a different password for each site, you minimise the damage hackers could cause.
Still not sure whether your computer is entirely safe? Why not get in touch with 39 Degress Solutions Essex!
As one of the top IT companies in Essex, 39 Degress provide a number of IT services to help your business use your devices more effectively – including VOIP Essex, network support and business IT support. If you would like to find out more information about our IT services in Essex, get in touch with us on 01708 390370.
Once again, the year has flown by so quickly – and now the Christmas period is once again upon us! With Christmas decorations hanging from our desks. Secret Santa presents being prepared and an overload of mince pies being shared around the office. The Christmas spirit will soon be rife around the office.
However, the days leading up to the Christmas break can be extremely stressful for business owners. Budgeting concerns, keeping employees motivated during January and making sure nothing goes wrong while you’re away over Christmas. This can all play havoc in your mind.
At 39 Degress Support Essex, we can help you prepare for the Christmas holidays with our business-to-business IT solutions.
As Cyber Security experts, who better to help you with protecting your all important documents and computers. Unfortunately, when offices are abandoned for the Christmas period, it is the opportune moment for hackers to steal information. Plus data from your computers. In fact, it takes the hacker just 10 minutes to crack a lowercase password with 6 characters. Plusnine minutes to use any stolen information. To prevent this happening Ghost’s team can install firewalls and IPS to all of your office computers to deflect the damage.
There’s nothing worse than coming back to work and finding out all your files have disappeared. Whether your computer restarted over the break or you forgot to save that big project you were working on. You can avoid ever losing any of your work with our Cloud-based Backup system. With not set-up, maintenance or support costs, it’s an ideal solution for any business looking to store their documents in one place , without them going missing.
During the Christmas period, you may have people walking in and out of the office every day. If you don’t want to let staff absences affect the performance of your company, why not use our Seasonal Holiday Cover package! We will help to manage your IT delivery during times of holiday, sickness or even during times of additional demand – like Christmas!
These are just three of the business IT support services we can do for your business. We can also offer website hosting, design and domain services for your business, should you need any assistance with designing a Christmas themed website!
If you would like more information on the team at 39 Degress Solutions Essex or what we offer, get in touch today.