Matthew Southgate, unboxing video of a Holy Stone Drone and installing the blades ready for its first flight.
If you’re the owner of a business. You’ll understand how you’re always looking for ways to reduce spending and increase efficiency to make the company the best it possibly can be. One way you can dramatically reduce spending within your business is by switching your IT services from being onsite to remote. The team at Ghost, cyber security experts, have collated a list of benefits of switching to remote IT services.
Remote IT services does pretty much what it says on the tin: fixes, maintains and provides other IT support remotely via the internet. Your technician will use a tool to log into your machine and navigate their way around your system. This means that they are able to get to the direct route to the problem and resolve the issue in a matter of minutes.
There’s no two ways about it, using remote IT services is generally more efficient. The time that would have been spent travelling to the issue is actually spent diagnosing and resolving the problem via the internet.
Remote IT services are inarguably more cost effective than having an onsite support team. Why? Because most of the time with remote support, you only pay when you have an issue. Whereas if you have an onsite team. You have to pay them to be present even if there are no issues.
You are not limited by location
One of the best benefits of remote IT services is that you and your technician are not limited by geographical location. This means you have the opportunity to enquire and find the best value for money.
How can we help?
Here at Ghost, IT support Essex, we are able to recognise that a general remote support system doesn’t suit everyone. That’s why we have not one but three solutions in order to suit your business model:
· Fixed term support: You don’t have to wait for something to go wrong before you can take advantage of our comprehensive and professional IT support services, with our fixed term support contracts.
· Pay as you go: We know things can go wrong from time to time and often at the most inconvenient times. If this happens to you, our friendly team of IT professionals can help you get back on track.
· Networks and devices: Alternatively, get the most out of your IT equiptment from the outset with our end-to-end installation service. Suitable for a single PC or a complete network. We can help deliver the right installation.
How We Can Help
If you would like more information on how Ghost can help you. Call us on 01279 800039.
We’re not the first – and we won’t be the last – to emphasize the importance of cyber-safety. And while we can guarantee most of you will agree it’s importance, putting it into practice can be difficult for individuals around the globe.
According to latest reports, nearly 3 out of 4 individuals use duplicate passwords online; many of which have not been changed in five years or more. Unsurprisingly, about 40 percent of those taking part in the survey said they had experience a “security incident” in the past year – involving hacking, having passwords stolen or fraud.
With two out of every five people being hacked, it’s time to do something different i.e. changing your password!
After speaking to our in-house cyber security experts, here are 5 tips for keeping your passwords safe this year:
● Avoid using personal information. It may be tempting to use the name of your pet or child as a password, but what if the hacker is someone a little closer to home? Often, a hacker could be someone who knows you – or has found out information from your Facebook. Therefore, using personal information such as names or dates will be their first guess.
● Don’t use common passwords. Believe it or not, some of the most popular passwords are “123456”, “qwerty” and of course, “password”. Stay well away from these examples – if not you will have hackers leaping at the chance to get in your computer.
● Stay away from any single words or a pair of words. Hackers use software that can test every word in the dictionary for a short amount of time. Don’t think you can fool them with common substitutions such as a “5” for an “S”, hackers and their software are wise to any tricks.
● Try long passwords. American security research organisation, SANS Institute, recommend passwords that are at least 15 characters long. However, a password with 11 or 12 characters is sufficient for individuals looking to protect their important information.
● Change your passwords often. Changing your passwords too regularly can make them difficult to remember but it’s important to change them occasionally. An easy way to keep track of when you changed your passwords last is to update them at the beginning or end of the year – and add this onto your password i.e. GsOgQlLoNqB522018
How We Can Help
At Ghost Services, we can be your IT department, anytime, anywhere. We like to think we are a one-stop shop for all aspects of business-to-business IT. We are able to source and supply computers and IT equipment, install them and maintain your equipment to ensure you are making the most out of it. If you want to more information about our IT support in Essex, get in touch with us on 01708 390370
The New Year usually inspires a new hobby, lifestyle or musical talent. However, increasingly progressive technology means that malicious cyber-attacks risk being introduced to your devices. We’ve drawn up three ways cyber security can infiltrate your business systems and how 39 Degress Services in Essex can help you to protect your gadgets, reputation and profits.
Stay suspicious of infection
While it seems small businesses aren’t on the radar of cyber criminals. They can actually be more vulnerable to hacking due to their perceived lack of defences compared to corporate companies. 39 Degress urge that you remain vigilant at all times. Making sure you be cautious when opening external links of emails and attachments internally. While the sender may appear to be legitimate, they could function in the guise of a client, partner or employee. We can monitor the traffic on your website. Including adding encryptions on your Windows or Mac devices, to uncover malware, eliminate it and prevent further attacks.
Make it mandatory
Don’t wait for a cyber attack to strike before implementing safeguarding procedures. Make it a requirement of company policy that all employees to abide by security checks. To achieve maximum protection. Make it mandatory to change your company password regularly and make sure employees set their computer to automatically log out after 5 minutes of being away from their desk. We can ensure a two-step authentication access is live on all of your systems. As well as providing secure hosted backup for your files.
Make sure that care is taken out of the office as well, since cyber-attacks can travel between mobile devices and the business email linked on them. Therefore, reduce personal use of your company’s WIFI and make sure it’s secure and has a strong, private password. That way, the firewalls and deflective software we install on your business devices are tripled in effectivity and the need for repeated referrals is reduced.
To make 2018 a year of safe, secure and successful operation of business. Contact 39 Degress Services today on 01708 390370. Or email email@example.com for a quote.
With home working becoming increasingly popular, it’s important that you remain in consistent contact with your colleagues and clients. However, we know that making these calls on your personal mobile can be complicated and draining. That’s why Ghost, IT Solutions, Essex recommend installing VoIP in your home office.
What is it?
In our previous blog posts we have gone into extensive detail about what exactly VoIP is and how it can benefit you. Now, we have composed a guide detailing what hardware you’ll need to ensure a successful installation.
What Do You Need?
Broadband Internet Connection This seems like common knowledge. However, if you work for a company that deals with a high volume of calls, you’re going to need to a higher bandwidth.
IP Phones If you want to use VoIP in your home office, you’re going to need an IP phone. The IP stands for Internet Protocol, it converts calls into data packets. These packets then travel the same way as an email or any other type of data. However, with IP phones, you are still able to make and receive calls to both landline and mobile numbers.
VoIP Provider Like any other phone, you’re going to need a provider. Without a VoIP provider, you will only be able to make calls to other extensions who are using the same VoIP line as you. Prices can greatly depend on the provider, so be sure to do your research.
PBX Server Software PBX is the software which is installed onto your server. Essentially, this is the ‘brains’ of your phone network and is what allows you to do everything possible with your phone network.
How We Can Help
A Computer for a PBX Server Of course, you can’t install the server software without owning something to host it. The requirements needed to host the software are actually very low, so don’t spend unnecessary money.
VoIP can be a complicated subject matter, however, with 39 Degress Support Essex, we are able to give you a helping hand. With our remote IT services and team of gifted cyber security experts, we can install and maintain all your technical needs. If you would like more information on our business IT support Essex, please give us a call on 01708 390370.