It’s always a good idea to have a strong password – it’s an important weapon in the war against hackers and will help to protect you from malicious software. This is because it’s the initial defence mechanism regarding access to your computer.
So how do you make sure you have a strong password? It’s pretty straightforward – remember these simple rules:
- It should be at least eight characters in length.
- It should contain uppercase characters.
- It should contain lowercase characters.
- It should contain numbers.
- It should contain symbols – basically, any keyboard character that is not a letter, number or space.
- It should not contain a complete word.
- It should not contain your name, user name or company name.
- It should not be the same as any other, or former, passwords of yours.
Now all you have to do is remember it – we’d be interested to hear how everyone keeps a handle on their passwords. Drop us a line if you have a particular way of remembering!